Sunday, May 07, 2006

I'd Like to See This Happen

The interchange (U.S. 41-County G) also is seen as a way to improve traffic flow on U.S. 41. It would provide another exit and entrance point along a four-lane span between the Jackson Street and Breezewood Lane and Bell Street interchanges that often is tied up by accidents, rush hours and summer festivals and events.


However, there are many questions to be answered. I believe we really do need another interchange between Neenah and Oshkosh.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would hope they would consider future plans before making the interchange. When will 41 go to 6 lanes between Oshkosh and Neenah to hook up to the 6 lanes from Neenah to Appleton?

9:32 AM  
Blogger Jef Hall said...

If you read the article, by law they have to make sure it is part of the planning.

From the article

"The federal government's future designation of U.S. 41 as an interstate also means the burden of proof on local governments for new interchange construction is higher."

There are a lot of questions that need answering before I would say I am 100% voting yes on this item, however I am predisposed to supporting it. As someone who lives in Oshkosh and works in Neenah, I see the need here often.

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home