Friday, June 30, 2006

Great Letter from the Northwestern

Trip to Oshkosh was a wonderful experience
My husband and I decided to do a different vacation this year. I literally was standing in the hall of my school where I teach and looked at a U.S. map. Oshkosh looked to be about a day's drive away from our southern Indiana home and I really liked the name. So that was the choice.

I did some online research and found a number of events like the Mexican Rodeo, Country USA, the EAA AirVenture Museum, and the Miss Wisconsin Pageant, and the Omro Fireman's Street dance to name a few. Riverside Cemetery, the Public Museum, the Walleye Tournament, St. Raphael's Church and Kodiak Jack's to name a few more!

I am so glad we chose Oshkosh. Your city impressed me as very clean and well kept. The lake is beautiful and Menominee Park with the statue of Chief Oshkosh (though he doesn't resemble the pictures in the museum, much) was great.

Mostly we found a very friendly city, with lots of help from Tourist Information, the desk clerks at La Quinta, and whomever we were standing in line with or sitting next to at an event.

The first question for us usually was "Why Oshkosh?" and then "What Mexican Rodeo?"

I wanted to write to thank all the people we talked with for their help and good humor, the waitress at Charcoal Grill II for serving those great brats and the lady in Berlin that helped us find the other Union Star Cheese Factory in Fremont.

I certainly would recommend Oshkosh for a wonderful, relaxing vacation and some real friendly people.

Greg and Rosemary Stanley Bedford, Ind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home