Monday, February 19, 2007

Busses at the Jail

Here is the text of an email I sent to Sheriff Brooks & County Executive Harris:

Sheriff Brooks,

This is an email to follow-up the phone message I left earlier. I would like to know why there is not a protected bench or any other markings out in front of the County Jail where buses pick riders.

I travel past there daily on my way to work. I often see people running through traffic to be picked by northbound buses. Today there was a woman holding a child right next to the road, with cars driving past a few feet away.

Has there been an incident at this location yet? Has there been an attempt to install a covered, protected bench? Is there a reason that this cannot happen?

Can there be warning signage installed indicating that pedestrians cross?

Can the buses be routed through the parking lot instead?

Thank you,

-jef-

Jef Hall
Winnebago County Supervisor, District 17
224A Scott Ave
Oshkosh, WI 54901
920.203.6883
jef@winnebago17.org
www.winnebago17.org

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home